Saturday, August 15, 2009

A week in Pretoria...

Another trip coming up. Tomorrow Im driving down to Kalahari where we are taking 4 guests from Denmark on a hunt for 6 days. Picked them up at the airport this morning. There is about 800 km down there so Im leaving at 7am with all the luggage etc. Our guests are flying down there. (On the map its a couple of hrs drive west of Kimberley)
Have had a good week here in Pretoria helping out with various things around the property and taking the trophies from the last hunt to the taxidermist. In the afternoons Ive taken the two labradors for a good run in a park nearby. I often go for a run by myself before I take them out as they are male-dogs and want to stop at every tree doing their thing. Today i decided to run to "The Loftus Versveld" which is the main stadium here in Pretoria and its gonna be one of the venues for next years World Cup. Four games will be played there. A friendly official locked me into the stadium for a look around and a few photos. Nice ground but I must admit compared to European standards it has seen its better days. But new nice stadiums around South Africa are also being built so they seem to be ready for next years big event. The world cup fever is here for sure...!
The greyish bird on one of the photos is the blue crane which is South Africas national bird. I spotted it on my run in a bird sanctury situated not far from here.

Just had a delicious 3-course dinner at our Manor House with the guests. In Kalahari we will be staying at a fantastic lodge. So it will be different from the tents in Limpopo. But more about that when I get back...

(Congratulations to Mary and Henrik with their wedding today. Hope you had a great day. Looking forward to see you both when I return to DK)




















No comments:

Post a Comment