After the drive I took a walk with one of the rangers through the bush. He was carrying his riffle of course.. but still. It was so exiting! The ranger of course gave the well-known instruction before the walk: " Whatever charges us dont run, just stand still..." He wanted to see if he could find that group of lions so it was pretty intense walking behind him in the high grass and through the thick bush.. At a dry riverbed leading to a lake we bumbed into a massive hippo lying in the sun. Thought it was a rock at first. Was told to sit down and be dead quiet as they are bloody dangerous and are actually the animals that causes most casualties in Africa. It heard us and turned around and looked at us but fortunately it decided to go the other way...
At lunchtime I left the guests at Idube and took the long 5 1/2 hr drive back to home Pretoria to have dinner with four new guests... Fantastic week but also good to be home..
Hi Fightoss
ReplyDeleteAMAZING PICS and awesome stories. I so much looking forward to my africanadventure even though it will never be as wild as yours. I can see that you are well and you are enjoying the trip. Thats awesome my friend.
There might be an almighty bushranger hidden in that jutlandbody.
Sofen and I are still in Belize. Dazzing on a Caribbean island.
Looking forward to read more my friend
Jimenez aka frank the tank