Spent a truly fantastic day at The Victoria Falls yesterday... !! Its something that has to be seen as the size and beauty of it is impossible to describe. Took loads of photos. Victoria Falls is almost 2 km wide and 108 m high and has an annual average flow of one million litres per second. I saw it from the Zambian side where you got really close to the water and ended up being pretty soaked but I also crossed the border into Mr. Mugabes country through lots of paperwork in the immigration office and the views from that side were even better I think..
On both sides there were statues of David Livingstone overlooking the falls. He discovered them in 1855 during his four-year journey from the upper Zambezi to the mouth of the river. Tomorrow Im off on a 3 day safari trip into Botswana where we will be camping out in tents..
Not a bad day at all here in Africa...

No comments:
Post a Comment